Malaysian Green Technology and Climate Change Corporation (MGTC) and Control Union Malaysia Sign MOU
Commitment from MGTC and Control Union to foster cooperation and synergy
In a significant and momentous occasion witnessed by Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, the Malaysian Green Technology and Climate Change Corporation (MGTC) and Control Union Malaysia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) at a networking dinner organized by the Netherlands Embassy.
This collaboration, solidified through the MOU, signifies a profound commitment to foster cooperation and synergy in various fields of mutual interest, with a focus on advancing sustainability and addressing critical environmental challenges.
key areas of cooperation
The Parties intend to collaborate and pool their expertise, capacity, and capabilities to support Malaysia in several key areas of cooperation. These areas include:
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Assessment and Net-Zero Roadmap Development
- Capacity Building in Sustainability Programs
- Expansion of MyHijau Products and Services
- Validation and Verification Services
- Platform for Rating, Verification, and Certification of Sustainability Performances: The Global Sustainable Enterprise System (GSES) platform to assess, verify, and certify the sustainability performances of organizations. This platform will play a crucial role in recognizing and encouraging sustainable practices.
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, who graciously witnessed the signing of the MOU, expressed his support for the collaboration and the shared commitment to environmental sustainability. He emphasized the importance of international cooperation in addressing global climate challenges.
The signing of this MOU marks a significant step in the advancement of environmental sustainability in Malaysia and underscores the nation’s commitment to addressing climate change and promoting sustainable practices. The collaboration between MGTC and Control Union Malaysia is expected to have far-reaching implications, with the potential to drive positive change in various sectors of the Malaysian economy.
How can I help you?
For more information and media inquiries, please let me know. My name is Dinusha W. Surendre and I’m glad to be of help.