Sustainable Action Conference 2023 proves to be a landmark event in fostering collaboration and action on a global scale
Sustainable Action Conference 2023
The Sustainable Action Conference 2023 (SAC 2023), held at the prestigious Double Tree by Hilton Shah Alam, brought together a diverse and global community committed to advancing sustainability. With 300 physical participants and an additional 300 attendees streaming in from around the world, SAC 2023 proved to be a landmark event in fostering collaboration and action on a global scale.
SAC 2023 was made possible through the generous support of key partners, including the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Malaysian Dutch Business Council (MDBC), and the Malaysia Green Technology and Climate Change Corporation (MGTC). Additionally, two Dutch holding companies, Control Union Malaysia and the Global Sustainable Enterprise System, played a pivotal role in ensuring the success of the conference.
The official launch of SAC 2023 was presided over by YBhg. Dato’ Mohamad Razif Bin Haji Abdul Mubin, representing YB Tuan Nik Nazmi, the Minister of the Ministry of Natural Resources, Environment, and Climate Change. The conference featured four plenary sessions presented by Bursa Malaysia, MITI, MIDA, and MGTC, covering thematic areas such as Banking & Finance, Manufacturing, Energy, Plantation, and Forestry.
The conference successfully brought together various stakeholders in the sustainability ecosystem, including platforms with dashboards, consultants for carbon projects, technology providers, validation and verification bodies for carbon credits, and carbon credit developers and suppliers. This collaborative approach allowed companies to identify key partners to propel their sustainability journey forward.
Several significant announcements were made during the event, including:
- Malaysian Green Technology and Climate Change Corporation (MGTC) and Control Union Malaysia Sign MOU Witnessed by Dutch Prime Minister H. E. Mark Rutte
- Control Union Awarded by Malaysian Forest Fund to Conduct Feasibility Study and Development of Forest Carbon Offset Protocol for Malaysia
- Control Union Malaysia and CarbonSpace Pioneer Exclusive Partnership to Elevate Sustainability in Malaysian Palm Oil & Forestry Sector
- Control Union Announces Strategic Partnership with Veridapt for Digital Commodity Monitoring and Collateral Management
- The Malaysia Timber Association (MTA) the Timber Indsutry Association Coalition of Malaysia appointed Control Union Malaysia to conduct ESG trainings to its coalition members across the three regions of Malaysia and also to propose a Timber Industry tailored ESG framework for the Malaysian Timber industry
The conference also marked the soft launch of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park and Kota Kinabalu Plastic Neutral and Fish-Bomb-Free Initiative. This initiative, aimed at addressing environmental challenges, garnered additional support through the generosity of event sponsors, including Control Union, Global Sustainable Enterprise System, FGV, Dibiz, Veridapt, EPIC Group, CarbonSpace, and Integrated Wood Processing.
In a demonstration of collective commitment to environmental causes, all sponsors presented a cheque of RM 50,000 to Pertubuhan Harapan Biru Sabah (Blu Harapan) for the launch of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park & Kota Kinabalu Plastic Neutral and Fish-Bomb-Free Initiative.
SAC 2023 stands as a testament to the power of collaboration in driving sustainability initiatives. We express our gratitude to all participants, sponsors, and partners for their invaluable contributions.
How can I help you?
For more information and media inquiries, please let me know. My name is Dinusha W. Surendre and I’m glad to be of help.